How much does calligraphy cost?
Black ink is the quickest and most simple colour for calligraphy, with metallic, white or custom colour being more complex and time-consuming to mix and write with, so my prices reflect this.
Envelope addressing starts from £2.50
Place cards start from 90p
Guest’s name on menu or invite starts from 95p
Get in touch today for a bespoke quote for your project.
How long do you need to create calligraphy?
For envelope addressing, place cards and guest names on menus or invites, turnaround time is roughly 2-3 weeks. For everything else, it’s best to get in touch and we can chat about timings.
I have a last minute request, can you squeeze me in?
Decided last minute that you absolutely must have some beautiful calligraphy for your event? Depending on my schedule, I can usually accommodate a last minute job. An additional 30% fee will be incurred for jobs I deem to be rush jobs, as other jobs may have to be rescheduled and timelines squeezed.
Can you create a custom colour?
I love mixing custom ink colours and can colour-match to any element of your wedding or event. If you have a specific item you’d like me to match, such as a ribbon or an invitation, just send me one as an example to match and I will send you back a sample to check before we proceed. I can also match to a Pantone colour.
What lettering styles do you offer?
I have four different lettering styles that offer different options depending on the look you’re after. Check out this page of my website to see which one you’d like.
By choosing one specific style, it means you know exactly what you’re getting from me and can match the style to your event or theme perfectly.
Do you require 'extras'/'overs' if I'm sending you materials?
If you are providing your own stationery or envelopes, I ask for 20% additional items to allow for any inky mishaps (splatters do happen), as well as for any last minute changes.
How should I supply the addresses or names?
I ask for name or address lists to be sent to me in an editable Excel format with each line in a new row. I can provide a template for you to use.
For quotes, readings or vows etc, please send the wording exactly as you would like it to be written (including line breaks and spacing). If you’re not sure about this, I can help you.
A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to secure your booking. The remaining balance is due on completion prior to delivery once postage costs have been added.
All items will be sent Royal Mail Special Delivery or by same-day courier if within London. Collection can be arranged within London. Postage and packaging costs are added to the final invoice.
What is the process?
1. We start by you giving me some details about your event - colour scheme, style of event, any reference imagery or mood boards you have. If you’re not sure about any of this, just send me what you do know (e.g. country wedding in May, peonies on the table), and I can make some suggestions.
2. I’ll send you prices for the different options for each item, so you can make an informed decision that fits in with your budget with no surprises.
3. Let’s talk timings - for weddings, most people need items a few days prior to the event, so I’ll work with you to make sure you’ll receive everything in good time.
4. I’ll send you samples and options for ink colours. If you’re looking for a custom ink colour, or choosing between different ink colours, I like to send the samples in the post so you can see it in person.
5. Send me your confirmed, final list of names in the template I’ll provide. Make sure you have double checked all spelling as I will write everything as it is sent to me.
6. Once you have sent your final list and/or materials, the job is confirmed and I require 50% payment up front to secure the booking.
7. I will confirm the timings, including final delivery date.
8. I will send you a photo of the first one to confirm you’re happy with the style, size, etc.
9. Once you've confirmed approval, I will commence with the rest of the job.
10. Complete! I'll send you a final invoice and payment is required prior to delivery.